2.29.2012

Daylight

Directed by:  Rob Cohen
Starring:  Sylvestor Stallone, Amy Brenneman, Stan Shaw, Jay O. Sanders
Running Time:  1h 54min

Well, I actually went and saw a Stallone flick and was impressed.  The effects were great and Sly wasn't overly annoying thanks to his co-stars, who were.  I guess my tiny repertoire of disaster flicks allowed me to enjoy this movie.  The small group of survivors resembled a pack of Stephen King demographically mixed characters.  I did find that the black characters were very negatively imaged save for one, who himself wasn't too competent and needed Sly's help to achieve anything.  Maybe I enjoyed the evening more than the movie.  I just basically had a good time and was really impressed at the fact that people who mattered actually died.  The dog thing was ridiculous though!

Grade: B+

No comments: